Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Whale watching with the Marriott

I was lucky enough to score an invite from Marriott hotels to join them for a day of whale watching on the Gold Coast on Saturday. This was the second time I've been whale watching as I had a similar invite back in 2006.

I was a little concerned the morning before when the weather was overcast and windy but we were lucky enough to get a beautiful day with calm seas. The boat itself was a luxury catamaran part of the Tallship Island Adventure fleet and the Marriott had a lovely seafood buffet for us to enjoy as we boarded.

We had about an hour out in the ocean checking out the whales before heading back to the calm of the canals and enjoying cocktails, canapes and some entertainment and McLaren's Landing.

It was a fantastic day and a big thank you to the teams at Surfers Paradise Marriott and Brisbane Marriott for my invite and their generous hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment