Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Scotland trip

Although you can't tell by my lack of accent, I was actually born in Scotland (Edinburgh to be precise) and came to Australia when I was 7. It had been 15 years since I had been back to Scotland so when my mum mentioned she was going this year I jumped at the chance to go with her.

Last time I was there I stayed with my brother and his mates. I was mid-twenties so the time was spent drinking, eating and generally doing very little sight-seeing. The plan this time was to catch up with family, friends and see a lot more of the country (that wouldn't be hard).

I won't bore you with all the details but the places we went were:
Edinburgh
Borthwick
Melrose
Linlithgow
Spean Bridge
Inverness
Poolewe
Skye
Tayvallich

I also spent 3 days in London visiting friends and managed to get a ticket to the Queen's Tennis Tournament to see my boy Andy Murray in the quarter-finals.

The highlight of the trip, other than the fantastic weather we had, was climbing Stob Choire Claurigh (1177m) with my cousins.

(The view from the top)
 
(Me with proof I made it to the top)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment