Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sydney sales trip

Last week I had a quick overnight trip to Sydney to make some sales calls and introduce myself to a few of the travel management companies we look after. It had been way too long since I'd been down to Sydney on business so this was well overdue. I also had a free night at the Sydney Harbour Marriott that I had won last year that needed to be used soon.

I arrived early on Tuesday and knew my room wouldn't be ready but thankfully my package included executive lounge benefits so I camped out in the in the lounge and did some work before my meetings. It was virtually empty at the time so I picked the best spot which was next to the window overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Sure, it was a little distracting but a great spot to do some planning.

I was back there after my meetings for the evening drinks & canapes which I was pleased to see finished with dessert canapes! The next morning was breakfast in the lounge so I definitely got my fair share from the club benefits.

Here was the view from my suite:

1 comment: