Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Brisbane International Tennis

With my fellow Scotsman as the main draw card, I was keen to get along to the Brisbane International Tennis Tournament to see him in action. It would also mark my first ever time at a live tennis event.

I was lucky enough to get a late call-up from a friend of mine for a corporate seat on the Saturday which meant I would get to see both men's semis. I then just had to hope Murray made it through and thankfully he's number 3 in the world for a reason so this was no problem for him.

The day itself was great as it wasn't as hot as it had been earlier that week and our seats were on the side just a couple of rows back from the court. Drinks flowed throughout the day and my invite also included a buffet lunch which was thoroughly enjoyed.

Murray's match was unfortunately over too early as his Japanese opponent had to withdraw due to injury so I only got one set from Andy. It was entertaining while it lasted as the Japanese started well and Murray had to fight back to take the first set before the withdrawal came early in the second.

The afternoon finished with my first experience of Pimm's and lemonade (it wouldn't be the tennis without it) which was the perfect end to a great day. Thanks to my friend Scott and our host's Canon for the invite and their generous hospitality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment