Monday, October 5, 2009

Travel funnies

I've been a bit slack in reading industry newsletters of late, but I found some funny travel stories in one of them today. The first appeals to me because I spend so much time online and the second is funny because one, I used to work for Starwood and two, the crooks had to be drunk or stoned when they first thought of the idea.

1. Whoever devised the acronym for the Wisconsin Tourism Federation clearly isn’t a twitterer and doesn’t frequent Internet chat rooms. Not unreasonably, the Wisconsin Tourism Federation called itself WTF. But anyone who is au fait with pop culture will probably know that WTF isn’t generally translated as Wisconsin Tourism Federation but a more robust phrase, “What the f***”, in case anyone didn’t know.

2. Colin Bennett, former gm for Starwood Hotel Group, recounted the most brazen theft he had ever seen. “I walked into the lobby of one hotel and immediately realised something was missing. It transpired that three people had strolled into reception, dressed in overalls, and had wheeled the grand piano out of the hotel...never to be seen again.


No comments:

Post a Comment