Friday, October 16, 2009

Chateau Royale Maroochydore

I spent last weekend with friends up the coast at Maroochydore. Not surprisingly the accommodation was given to me to arrange at late notice. Availability was limited and we needed a three bedroom apartment to cater for our group (5 of us).

For our corporate clients we tend to use Sebel Maroochydore and the Horton Apartments but neither had suitable bedding so I came across Chateau Royale. It was available and without pushing for an industry discount (because we needed 2 nights on a weekend) we paid just $40/person/night which is a steal for a three bedroom ocean view apartment.

Its not as modern a place as I'd normally book but the price and the location were right. Chateau Royale is in Cotton Tree just 20 metres from the beach. Our apartment didn't have aircon (which is normally a must for me) and having only seen the property online I talked it down to my friends before we arrived to make sure expectations were managed. Thankfully tho I was pleasantly surprised as the apartment was in good condition, had a large kitchen & lounge room, a wrap around balcony and great views.

I had hoped to spend a bit of time on the beach because I'm so white but due to the weather that didn't happen. It was blowing a gale when we arrived on Saturday afternoon and Sunday was raining and overcast. However, Monday when we left was perfect ... surprise, surprise. So instead, we spent the weekend playing cards (not poker believe it or not), eating and drinking.

The property is undergoing renovations at the moment but it didn't affect us as the work was being done midweek.


No comments:

Post a Comment