Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Night at Palazzo Versace

My year of 5 star hotel stays continued with a night at Palazzo Versace on Sunday. I visited the resort shortly after it opened and have made numerous bookings for clients but was yet to actually stay there myself.

One of my friends e-mailed me on Wednesday asking me to make a booking in one of their two bedroom condos for him and his family for the weekend. With some skills and some contacts, I managed to pull some strings and get him a 15% discount from what was being offered on Wotif, which is a sizable discount when you see what the resort charges for their condos.

My friend then invited me to join him on Sunday to catch up and watch the NRL grand final so I jumped at the chance. I got down in the afternoon, had a swim in the plunge pool with his kids and then we ordered some room service, watched the league and had a few drinks.

I was catching up with some friends at Broadbeach the next day so I enjoyed breakfast at the Versace breakfast before leaving the resort.

Here is the view from the patio of the condo overlooking the plunge pool and the Southport Spit:

No comments:

Post a Comment