Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Portal Hotel


Kelli and I started making bookings at The Portal Hotel in Brisbane a few months back and after a few good comments from clients, it was well and truly time I paid them a visit to have a look around.

We get along really well with the staff at the hotel so they invited me to have lunch with them after the hotel inspection. It was an offer too good to refuse so I gladly accepted.

The Portal is a boutique 4 star hotel with 85 rooms located on Astor Terrace, Spring Hill ... just behind the Novotel Brisbane. As you walk through the French iron gates to the front desk and hear the chatter from the bar and restaurant, you immediately get the feel of a boutique hotel (like The Kirketon in Sydney).

The rooms aren't what you would describe as large or spacious but they are really nicely fitted out (and I hear the beds are awesome) and they've taken care of all the little details that you need.

The hotel is only a year old and hasn't had its official opening yet as its been a work in progress up until now. As they find their place in the market, the rates are extremely good value compared to hotels of similar standard, perfect for a corporate stay midweek or as a base for a weekend on the town.

I thoroughly enjoyed my salt & pepper squid lunch which the girls described jealously as the dish of the day (it looked great and was).

I believe they're working on a new improved website but in the meantime, click here to find out more details about The Portal. Don't be put off by the Best Western affiliation, I was at first too, but after looking through the hotel its not at all what I expected and will be recommending it from now on.

1 comment: