Friday, February 27, 2009

Day of indulgence

I get some very cool invites and the week before last was definitely right up there. The sales team for Mantra (thank you Tori and Kate) invited me to join them in a "day of indulgence" and didn't give too much more information than we were leaving at 9 and would be back at 5. I love a long lunch as much as the next person so I wasn't going to turn this down.

When I arrived at the hotel I heard one or two comments about the mystery destination and it soon clicked that we were off to Peppers Spicers Lodge (pictured below)! I went there for a friend's wedding at the end of 2007 and its a fantastic venue. So, myself and 10 women (that's how I roll) jumped in the bus on our way to a 5 course degustation lunch and a very nice way to spend a Friday.

Here's the menu:
Demitasse Jerusalem Artichoke Soup

Dog Point Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough 2008
BBQ Eel, Qld Crab & Avocado Salad, Wakame, Wasabi Mayonnaise, CaviarRed Claw,

Pinot Noir, Mornington Peninsula, Vic, 2008
Beetroot & Taleggio Tart, Micro Herbs, Strawberry Balsamic

Campbells, Bobbie Burns, Shiraz, Rutherglen, 2008
Grimaud Duck Breast, Venison & Boudin Noir Roulade, Quinoa & Macadamia, Apricot Syrup, Fresh Herbs, Snap Peas, Jus
Mitchell Noble Semillon, Clare Valley 2005
Roasted Peach, Jaffa Crumble, Melba Sorbet, Mulled Wine Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment